Has your LCD TV gotten dirty and you need to know how to clean a LCD TV? Haven’t touched your LCD TV before because the fear of possibly damaging it? There is a safe and secure way to clean your television that will prevent damage. Dirt, dusk and fingerprints can easily collect and build up over time on your television and your TV will occasionally need to be cleaned. Cleaning a LCD TV is easy and well-worth doing every once in a while.
To clean a LCD TV you need:
- Soft cotton cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Measuring cup
- Remove the dust from your LCD TV screen. Use a dry, soft cotton cloth to wipe over the screen to remove any access dirt. This helps remove dust from your LCD TV screen, but you may still have some dirt and smudges still left on the screen.
- Mix alcohol and water to make a cleaning solution. Pour half a cup or water and half a cup of rubbing alcohol into a measuring cup. Make sure that the proportions are even. More than 50 percent alcohol can be too strong and possibly damage the LCD display.
- Dampen a corner of your cotton cloth with the solution. Once you dip the cloth into the solution, make sure to squeeze out any excess liquid from the cloth. A cloth that is barely damp is more than enough to clean your LCD TV. If the cloth gets too wet, it can drip on electronic parts.
- Gently wipe the entire TV. With light pressure, wipe the LCD TV screen. You may have to wipe over the smudges a couple of times, but remember, don’t push too hard. The solution will do all of the work for you. Use a Q-tip to get any dirt or dust hiding along the edges of the TV screen. Simply dip one end of the Q-tip into the solution, then wipe along the corners of the screen with little pressure.
- Use your damp cloth to wipe along the LCD TV one last time. Do this incase the Q-tip pushed dirt out towards the middle of the screen. Use a soft cotton cloth to dry the LCD TV screen. Wipe the entire screen with the cloth to remove any streaks. This will ensure there are no wet spots left on the screen. You can now enjoy your clean LCD TV.