It is easy to learn how to change your theme on a BlackBerry Storm. The look of a Blackberry can get boring sometimes, and it’s nice to be able to make it look different. Before you change your theme on a Blackberry Storm you need to find a theme. You can purchase themes online, or you can find a lot of themes online that are free. There are very popular sites where you can get free themes for the BlackBerry Storm, as well as all BlackBerry phones. Find the theme that you want and download it.
How To Change Your Theme on a Blackberry Storm:
- Blackberry Desktop Manager. Once you have your theme, you can change your theme using your computer. You will beed the Blackberry Desktop Manager. You need this software installed on your computer before you can change the theme on your BlackBerry Storm. You should have received a CD when you purchased your phone with this software on it. If you have lost the CD or just no longer have it you can download the software online at the Blackberry website. Download the current version and install the software
- Connect your BlackBerry Storm to your computer via the USB cable that came with your phone. Plug one end of the cable into your phone where you charge it, and the other end into an available USB port on your computer. If you are using a laptop make sure it is fully charged or plugged into a wall outlet.
- Once you connect your BlackBerry Storm wait for your computer to find your phone. It may take a few minutes.
- Click on the icon to open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software if it isn’t already opened. Click on Application Loader and you will see another screen. Click Add/Remove Applications and click on the Start button.
- You will see a list of Applications and Games along with other things on your BlackBerry. Click on the Browse button. When you click on Browse you should see the theme you just downloaded. Select the theme and click Open. The theme will now be listed with the games and applications, etc. Click Next.
- Now we will use the BlackBerry and not the computer. To change the theme navigate to the main screen of your BlackBerry Storm tap on wallpaper then tap on Options (wrench icon). Tap on themes and you will see a list of the themes installed on your BlackBerry Storm. Tap on the theme title you just downloaded. You have now learned how to change the theme on your BlackBerry Storm and the theme will now be activated.
You can change the theme on your BlackBerry Storm any time you want to. To change it again go by the steps above again and another new theme will be added to your list of themes.