Engineering games are a good way to have fun while using professional skills. There is a wide variety of engineering games out there, each one focusing on different ways of exercising intellectual abilities. Logic, calculation, strategy are pieces that compose the whole scenario of these games which push you to compete and make every effort to win. Meanwhile, you’ll be keeping your mind sharp and having a lot of fun along the way.
- Factory Balls. This engineering game presents a variable number of balls that you have to put, one by one, into different containers in an unknown sequence. Each container changes the look of the ball until this takes the correct aspect. This is what the game’s developers call “ball physics.” It is to say, the combination of colors that each level requires. The game forces you to use a combination of logic and random movements in order to win. .
- Solar Car Racing. This solar car racing game is based on the ability to choose the right materials to build a solar car and then drive it to win. During the race you must consider your performance in order to decide the replacement of elements and enhance the efficiency of your machine. The selection of tires, body, motor and battery for your car, associated with the sort of track and weather, will be fundamental factors for your victory.
- Questioneering. The title of this engineering game immediately brings you to its meaning. It is a trivia game that will test your knowledge on professional matters or facts that have to do with them. The questions mix engineering matters with historical events and geographical information, which also link those specific subjects with people that you could not imagine to be within the engineering field.
- Design a Parachute. Your mission is to design a parachute to support a Mars exploration project. This engineering game shows two windows that you should consult alternatively until you get the final model. The first one is the requirements’ window. This informs you about the essential characteristics of your parachute, like its volume when folded, drag, strength and stability. The second window lets you select the characteristic and dimension of materials as well as test the performance of the device.
- Energy Flows. On the field of electrical engineering, this game challenges your knowledge and logical skills to organize different energy sources or conductors in the correct sequence in order to obtain the expected results. From the elemental sequence battery-wires-light bulb, you will advance to more difficult levels where the common electrical elements are combined with natural sources of energy.
- Perfect Balance. This engineering game consists in a physics puzzle. Every window shows a base on which you have to place geometrical figures. Each one is placed over the previous one, in such way that all of them, as a whole, maintain a perfect balance. If you fail, the pieces fall down the screen. You can rotate and move the pieces by clicking and moving the mouse to the right place to maintain the balance.
- Insurgo. Beginning with two vertical, parallel columns, you must build as many pylons as you can, until you create the tallest possible structures. You earn more points depending on three factors: speed, altitude of your structure and, very importantly, you must ensure the stability of the resulting building. The game gives clear instructions on how to use the computer controls and how to be successful.
- Civilization Wars. Civilization Wars is a real time strategy game with excellent and original graphic scenarios. The objective of the game is to build an empire, acquire people, fight against the opposite tribes and then get the right to claim more ground to expand your dominion. As in similar domination games, you must find particular objects to get energy that will help you and your people to go ahead with your project of expansion.