Looking for 5 easy recipes for Hanukkah celebrations your family will love? These easy recipes can all be prepared with kosher ingredients and you don’t have to mix milk products in if you want a parve Hanukkah. You’ll find everything you need to make these 5 easy recipes for Hanukkah celebrations at your local Jewish store or online at kosher stores.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these 5 easy recipes for Hanukkah celebrations:
- Kosher cookie dough
- 2 lbs. (1 kg) of potatoes , “Cooking/Recipes”); _468″);
- Flour and baking powder
- Kosher pancake mix
- Salt, sugar, cinnamon
- Shortening and frying oil
- Apple juice, brandy and milk
- Apples and bananas
- Dried apricots
- Dreidel cookies. You can make this easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations from your favorite kosher cookie dough recipe or store-bought kosher cookie dough. Spread flour on your work surface then spread the dough with a roller to an 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out the dough with a Dreidel-shaped cookie cutter and bake for 5 minutes on each side at 350° F (175°C). Sprinkle with sugar while the cookies are still hot.
- Traditional potato latkes. This easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations is an absolute must. Peel and grate the potatoes then wash them in a colander to strain excess starch, which will make your potato latkes soggy. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and add 1/4 tsp of salt. Add the grated potatoes and mix well. Next, place a large skillet on medium heat and add a thin coating of oil. Scoop a 1/4 cup of latkes mixture into the hot oil, flatten it with the spoon and fry it until the edges become golden brown. Continue scooping latkes into the skillet and turn them over to fry both sides. Serve hot with sour cream or apple sauce.
- Apple brandy latkes. This easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations puts a new twist on an old favorite. Instead of potato latkes make your latkes with apples and cinnamon. In a large bowl mix 2 cups of flour, 3 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of shortening, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Make a well at the center and add 1/2 a cup of apple juice, 1/3 cup of milk, 3 tbsp of brandy and 2 eggs. Mix the ingredients well. Place a large skillet on medium heat and add 1/8 inch of oil. Scoop 2 tbsp of mixture into the hot oil, add 2 apple slices on top and flatten gently. Fry for 2 or 3 minutes until the latkes turn golden brown.
- Fried Banana Sufganiyot.This easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations is much easier to make than ordinary Sufganiyot. Prepare kosher pancake mix according to the directions on the box; do not over stir or the mixture will become too thin. Fill a small pot a quarter way with frying oil and heat on medium. While the oil heats peel a ripe banana, slice it into 2 inch (5 chm) pieces and drop these in the pancake mixture. Drip a little batter to test that the oil is ready, then lower the heat and place the coated bananas in the oil. When one side turns golden brown, turn the bananas over to fry the other side.
- Apricot Mishmishya. This easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations is an Israeli favorite. In a food processor mix 1 lb (450 gr) of dried apricots with 3 1/2 lbs (1.75 kl) of sugar until smooth. Form 1 inch (2.5 cm) balls by rolling apricot paste between your palms. Leave these dainty delicacies to dry uncovered at room temperatures for 2 days. This easy recipe for Hanukkah celebrations yields around 45 apricot balls.