The 10 best first date restaurants in Denver cover everything from the unconventional to the casual and of course, the romantic. These 10 restaurants will surely impress your date. Your only problem will be deciding where to go for the 2nd date.
- Vesta Dipping Grill. Vesta Dipping Grill is a downtown Denver staple, and is one of the city’s top restaurants year after year. With a hip, award-winning design, Vesta offers unique dishes of meat, seafood and veggies cooked to perfection, all highlighted with a vast selection of dipping sauces, from corn chowder to green chili gastrique. A little pricey, but perfect for sharing. Vesta Dipping Grill: (303) 296-1970, 1822 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202.
- The Ethiopian Restaurant. The name says it all. The Ethiopian Restaurant is a quaint, unassuming, and delicious ethnic restaurant, making it one of the best first date restaurants in Denver. A great place to break the ice on a first date, as this flavorful middle-eastern cuisine is laid out on bread and eaten with your hands. Make sure you bring a breath mint. The Ethiopian Restaurant: (303) 322-5939, 2816 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80206
- City O’City. Whether you or your date eat meat or not, this trendy downtown pizza joint serves only vegetarian, gourmet pizza pies. A casual and friendly atmosphere will greet you as you select from the list of finely crafted local beers. ?City O’City: (303) 831-6443, 206 E 13th Ave, Denver, CO 80203.
- Mataam Fez. Sitting on the floor? Check. Eating with your hands? Check. Delicious Middle-Eastern food? This place has it all; the perfect spot to take your date for your first meeting. From the belly dancing to the table-side hand washing, you’ll have plenty to talk about at this top first date restaurant in Denver. Mataam Fez: (303) 399-9282, 4609 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80220.
- Japon Sushi. Finger food is always a wonderful first date icebreaker, and what better finger food is there than sushi? Japan offers some of the best sushi in Denver and the adorable Wash Park neighborhood is the perfect setting for getting to know your new friend. Japon Sushi: (303) 744-0330, 1028 South Gaylord Street, Denver, CO 80209.
- Steuben’s. Owned by the same proprietors as Vesta Dipping Grill, Stueben’s is the perfect place for a casual, relaxed yet hip and upscale dining experience. The southern-inspired menu rarely disappoints and don’t forget to order a side of the mouth-watering macaroni and cheese. Stueben’s: (303) 830-1001, 523 East 17th Avenue, Denver, CO 80203.
- Vita Restaurant. Vita offers elegant, romantic dining in the Highlands neighborhood of Denver. Make sure you reserve a table on the rooftop patio, as the breathtaking views of Denver’s skyline easily make Vita one of the best first date restaurants in Denver. (303) 477-4600, 1575 Boulder Street, Denver, CO 80211.
- Fogo de Chao. An authentic Brazilian steakhouse located in downtown Denver, Fogo de Chao is another great unconventional dining experience for a first date in Denver. Make sure your date is a carnivore as Fogo de Chao serves endless portions of perfectly grilled fresh meat, from top sirloin to bacon wrapped filet mignon. Fogo de Chao: (303) 623-9600, 1513 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202.
- Fruition. Fruition has been recognized as one of the top restaurants in the country, offering upscale American cuisine with a more affordable price tag. Located near the Cherry Creek neighborhood, Fruition is sure to make a grand first impression. Fruition: (303) 831-1962, 1313 East 6th Avenue, Denver, CO 80218.
- Dazzle Supper Club. Just a few blocks from downtown, Dazzle is one of the most unassuming best first date restaurants in Denver–from the outside. Inside you’ll find one of the top jazz clubs in all of Denver, making this one of the best first date restaurants in town. The happy hour offers ridiculously good deals and you can also reserve a table for the Saturday night concerts. Dazzle Supper Club: (303) 839-5100, 930 Lincoln Street, Denver, CO 80203.
Pick any of these 10 best first date restaurants in Denver, and you can’t go wrong.